There’s no doubt that buying a wig the first time can be daunting. There are cheaper synthetic and expensive hand-tied hair wigs and various lengths, colors, and styles. The process of navigating these options is enough to cause you to think about giving up, but that dream hair is available, and we’re here to assist you in finding the hair you’ve always wanted.
Select A HAIR type: HUMAN HAIR VS. SYNTHETIC HAIR WIGS
The first step when purchasing the wig is choosing between synthetic and human hair. There are pros and cons for each kind of hair. We explore the pros and cons of synthetic hair vs. human hair with this article, but let’s look at the fundamentals.
Human Hair Wigs
Hair wigs made human hair is made of human hair that is 100% human and is fully customizable and styled daily. However, it’s important to note that there are different kinds of human hair and two major types: European and Asian hair.
European Human Hair
European hair is derived from the ponies of European women. In the 1980s-90s, many Eastern European women donated their hair to make an income. But as the socioeconomic standing progressed, the practice of collecting European ponytails was taken out of fashion. This is the reason why natural European hair is in short supply.
What makes European hair exceptional is that the cuticle remains intact, resulting in a stunning naturally flowing flow and shine and the direction of movement. Because of their rarity, European human hair wigs and red skunk stripe hair fall into luxurious wigs since they appear more natural and last longer when properly cared for and are backed by high-quality controls, production, and processing guidelines.
Asian Human Hair Wigs
The major sources of Asian hair wigs include China, India, Vietnam, and Mongolia. China is responsible for around 95% of the real human hair wigs, toppers, and extension market. There are two main ways to collect Asian hair:
- Hair from the floor: The person who donates the hair collects it from brushing or shedding, saves it, and sells it to the manufacturer who sorts and processes hair.
- Remy ponytailsThese are usually taken in when Indian women give their hair to temples as a ceremonial offering to gods. The temple makes the hair available to manufacturers. Manufacturers can also purchase Remy ponytails from local women who then sell their hair for an income.
Synthetic hair wigs are attractive because they’re ready to go straight out of the box and are generally less expensive. But they have some limitations in styling and a lower time to wear compared to human hair wigs. Also, synthetic wigs are slick and have a high sheen, and appear less natural than human hair, particularly in light.
Synthetic wigs include a range of fibers, including acrylics, polyester, and PVC (polyvinyl chloride). The kind of synthetic fiber that is used affects the wig’s sheen. For instance, synthetics with low-quality fibers have the best sheen but lack natural texture and flow.
If you don’t want to be noticed by their hairstyle, synthetic wigs can have a greater chance of appearing unnatural. But not everyone can put thousands of dollars into the best deep-wave bob wig. However, buying many synthetic wigs over time may be expensive too.
Find the construction of the right cap for you.
Let’s discuss the importance of cap construction when purchasing the wig because it could significantly affect your style preferences, comfort, and how you like your hairline and appearance.
- The lace cap on the front consists of a lace piece that is ventilated across the forehead, which forms a unidirectional hairline. Ventilation is done by hand. Three or four hairs are tied together to the top of the lace.
- The lace is transparent to blend into your natural skin tone easily.
- It features “Under Ventilation,” a technique for the front hairline that perfectly matches natural hair.
- It is a great option for a side or bang fringe.
- The knots are tied directly to the lace and are, therefore, evident at the wig’s top.
- Hair is easy to move to any angle.
- This design is renowned for its capacity to fill the room.
- More breathable and lighter than monofilament tops.