With the advancement of security and technology, a new dispute arises when looking to install a lock for your home, which is more convenient: a traditional lock or a smart lock? Which would be the better option? Are sophisticated systems really that necessary? How do I get the number of a reliable locksmith in Las Vegas? The market for smart locks has escalated a lot in recent years, this thanks to their novel functions as opposed to the typical traditional locks, but this ironically is not as reflected in most conventional homes where they still go for conventional locks.
Advantages and disadvantages of smart locks
These types of smart locks contain a lot of advantages, but they also have weaknesses that you should be aware of before leaning towards these types of options. Let’s talk a bit about the pros of electronic locks.
- You will not suffer again if you have already misplaced your keys, many of these systems work through smartphones that you can use from a certain distance, so the problem of keys will be in the past.
- The dilemma of whether you left the doors locked or not will also end with this type of locks, thanks to the applications that these have you can program automatically when these should be closed or opened.
- One of the functions offered by smart locks is their alarm system, which can notify you when an action is performed outside the established parameters.
- An excellent option for those people who do not pay much attention to things either by their nature or by great responsibilities.
The fact that these types of systems are more intelligent does not make them impenetrable, these devices can be hacked, no one has guaranteed that these types of locks cannot be opened, so the possibility is still present.
- Being more sophisticated models, they are usually more vulnerable to physical attacks, especially if they come from the outside, so it may be easier to break them with tools at the time of a robbery.
- They are more expensive than a conventional lock.
Advantages and disadvantages of traditional locks
Their durability is greater due to temperature changes compared to smart locks, no matter if the damage is produced from the outside, in fact, they can be a very safe system to prevent theft in our home. They are quite effective against crowbars, picklocks, bumping, etc. They still represent a high degree of security on most occasions.
- The prices are considerably more affordable than compared to smart locks.
- There are many locksmiths available to help you near you.
- They are ideal for those properties that tend to spend a lot of time empty, unlike electronic locks these do not require a battery, so they will not wear out over time.
- You run the risk of losing the keys or someone stealing them, this will force you to hire a professional locksmith so you can access the space. In addition, you should replace the locks in your home to avoid risks.
- If you have many types of locks it may be a mess to know which one belongs to which one and you will have to carry a huge bunch of keys, while with smart locks you control everything through apps.
In the end, choosing a model will depend on the needs you have, each particular case requires one type or both. Not because it is something conventional has to be less functional and not because it is smart it becomes impenetrable. If you are still in doubt as to which one suits you best, you always have the option of asking a professional lock installer.