The harsh weather of Canada prepares the citizens to face all hazardous natural events such as hailstorms, snow storms, heavy rainfall, and extreme winds, which cause equal damage to homes and properties. Professional arborists often go for tree removal post a storm to reduce further damage.
Before discussing what to do with trees after a storm, check out the damages that can occur by harsh weather:
- Twisted crown: The branches at the top of the tree are warped, cracked, or split.
- Blow over: The trees are pushed because of heavy wind leading the trunk to break
- Damage to branches: The branches of the tree are broken or damaged and may fall to the ground.
- Damage to roots: When the roots aren’t efficiently anchored in the ground, they may uproot the tree.
What should you do if the storm damages your trees?
Most people are overwhelmed and don’t know what to do with storm-damaged trees. Inspect the trees to find out how to deal with the situation. Here is a checklist for you.
First and foremost, consider removing the debris from your property and cleaning the mess immediately after the storm, but it is crucial to proceed with care. Stick to the following guidelines for complete safety:
- Ensure it is safe to go near the damaged trees. Check for fallen power lines and loose branches and remain away from them.
- Assess the damage to your property to choose the next course of action
- Assess the roots to find out if they are rooted or not. Check the integrity of the tree.
Evaluate the tree before switching to the tree removal process
Once you find out that the tree is safe to go near, do not remove them from the property immediately. Firstly check out the signs to know if they can be protected.
- Check if the limbs are uninjured
- Find out the damage done to the bark
- Check if 50% of the branches are safe
- Check if there is any sign of rotting
Look after the damaged trees
The right way to look after your damaged tree is to call professionals for help. They can render the given services:
- Trim the damaged links that are going to fall.
- Prune the trees well to prevent any disease, infestation, and other related problems
- Take the proper steps for Toronto tree removal if you cannot repair the tree
- Clean the debris and haul off the big parts of the tree
Take prevention measures for the future
Extensive damage doesn’t mean your trees will get beyond repair. Be active before a storm hits. Seek help from professionals to know if your trees may suffer a problem in the coming time. In addition, also get them checked for diseases and root issues to reduce the damage in case of damage.
Choose a reliable tree removal company
If you are sure that the tree is completely damaged and cannot be protected, call the Toronto tree removal company and get it removed through professionals. They will perform the task in no time with ease, removing all debris and tree parts.